This dish bowl combines lean protein with coleslaw mix and coconut aminos for a healthy meal that has a flavor the same as a spring roll, minus the fried wrap.
You are certainly a treat with this recipe! If you prefer the flavor of egg rolls, but wish to keep things healthy and avoid fried foods, you’re visiting love this easy spring roll in an exceeding bowl.
It’s very easy and takes but half-hour to make, which makes it an awesome option for weeknight meals. And it’s an excellent recipe for straight away while most of the globe is quarantined because it only requires minimal ingredients and you’ll be able to easily customize them with the vegetables and protein that you just wear hand.
What You Need for Egg Roll In A Bowl:
- ground chicken or turkey
- fresh ginger
- vegetables – onion, garlic, coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix and green onions.
- sesame oil
- coconut aminos – coconut aminos is paleo-friendly. be at liberty to use low-sodium tamari for a gluten-free option or traditional soy sauce!
- sambal oelek paste (also called garlic chili sauce)
Customize Your dish Bowl
Feel free to form this spring roll bowl on your own! Want to feature more vegetables? the choices are endless. Add peas, shredded carrots, finely sliced bell peppers, etc… pick your favorites!
You can also switch up the protein! Scramble 2-3 eggs into the mixture for a vegetarian option or use crumbled tofu or tempeh for a vegan option. I opt to use a lean protein like ground chicken or turkey, but you’ll use ground pork or beef if that’s all you’ve got readily available.
You can totally meal prep this recipe by making it as is or doubling it for more servings. Cook it completely and store individual servings in airtight containers. It’s a simple meal to bring round work or heat up for a busy weeknight. If I’m being honest, I’ve also eaten it cold, straight from the fridge.
I like keeping the toppings for this bowl fresh and easy with green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, and sriracha. If you’re an aioli lover you’ll be able to also mix sriracha with mayo for a spicy aioli to top this meal off with something creamy!
How to Make roll during a Bowl Recipe
Really, this low carb recipe is very easy to form for dinner – take a look at this video to work out just a way to make it!
- First off, heat your oil in an exceedingly large skillet over medium heat. Then, add the purple onion, onion – white parts, and garlic. Sauté until onion is softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Now, add ground pork, freshly grated ginger, and 1 tablespoon of Whole30 Sriracha sauce or Chili sauce.
- Brown ground pork and crumble with a spatula.
- Add shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix, coconut aminos, rice acetum, white pepper, and salt. Cook until the cabbage is tender, stirring regularly, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, sriracha or sauce, and a pinch of salt. Now, transfer to a tiny low piping bag or bag and stop the tip of the bag.
- Finally, transfer spring roll in a very bowl to serving bowls and drizzle spicy mayo over
- As the last step, garnish with sliced green onions – the green parts! – and sesame seeds.
Nutrition from Egg Roll In A Bowl:
Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
Saturated Fat: 3g
Unsaturated Fat: 10g
Trans Fat: 0g