Install Google Duo on Android TV
1. First of all, download the latest Google Duo APK from APKMirror. For your information, I have used the latest build (99.0.327700793) having universal architecture and no specific screen DPI.
2. Now that you have downloaded the APK, transfer the file to your Android TV. You can use the Send Files to TV app (Free, Offers in-app purchases) to wirelessly transfer the APK file. For more detailed instructions, follow our guide on how to sideload apps on Android TV. Alternatively, you can transfer the file using a thumb drive as well.
Read Also – How to Install UltraCam 5.1 on Any Android Phone
3. Next, install Solid Explorer (Free, Offers in-app purchases) on your Android TV and open it. Here, move to the “Downloads” folder and you will find the Duo APK file. Open it and select the “Package Installer” option.
4. Now, click on “Install” and Google Duo will be installed on your Android TV without any issue. Finally, open it.
5. Due to some bug, Google Duo does not show up under Installed Apps even after successful installation. In that case, you need to move to Settings -> Apps -> See all apps -> Duo and open it manually from there. If Duo is not available there then look under System Apps. I know it’s a hassle but currently, there is no other way out.
6. You have successfully installed Google Duo on Android TV, but you need one more thing to place a call. You need to connect a webcam to your Android TV. Make sure the webcam has a built-in microphone.
Note: Make sure the Camera app is enabled on your Android TV. Move to Settings -> Apps -> See All Apps -> Scroll down and find Camera -> Enable it.
7. So that is how you can install Google Duo on Android TV and access features without any limitation. If you are worried about incoming Duo calls suddenly appearing on your Android TV then worry not, the Android TV build does not show incoming calls or notifications.