As an ever-increasing number of individuals have begun to telecommute because of the progressing Coronavirus pandemic, organizations are attempting their best to help individuals around the globe with their innovation. In this way, following the blast of the video-conferencing adventure, to improve the nature of video calls of clients, significant camera organizations like GoPro, Panasonic, and Canon have propelled devoted programming that empowers clients to utilize their DSLR and advanced cameras as webcams
Presently, Sony as of late got on board with the fleeting trend and delivered the “Imaging Edge Webcam” programming to empower existing Sony camera proprietors to utilize them as webcams
How to Use Your Sony Camera as a Webcam
Before you get started. You must download Sony’s new “Imaging Edge Webcam” software from its official website after selecting your camera model.
So now that you’re all set up, follow the steps below to use your Sony camera as a webcam to get crystal clear video quality on your next Zoom or Skype call.
- First, you have to enable the necessary settings on your Sony camera to connect it to your personal computer.
Note: Every camera model has different settings. So, you can use Sony’s official guide to perform the necessary actions on your camera to connect it to your computer.
- Now, take your camera and physically connect it to your PC using the included data cable.
- Then, launch the new “Imaging Edge Webcam” software on your PC.
- In the live distribution/web conferencing software by Sony, change the relevant settings to use your Sony camera as the default camera instead of the built-in camera of your PC or laptop.
- Now, you can start your next video call with, as described by my colleague Akshay, “the crispiest” video.
By following these steps, you can easily start to use your Sony Camera as a webcam for your PC. Moreover, you can even use it as a face-cam when you are streaming your favorite games on Twitch, YouTube, or Facebook Gaming.